What to Expect on Your Next Visit to the Museum
The Springville Museum of Art is strictly complying with all guidelines as outlined by the Utah State Governor's office and the CDC. Following Utah's announcement on 11/8/2020 of a renewed State of Emergency, the Museum is doing the following:
- At this time, we cannot accommodate groups or tours of more than one household visiting together
- Masks are required of all visitors (ages 3 and above) for their entire visit
- Social distancing of at least 6 ft between all household groups is required throughout all the galleries and foyers
- High-touch surfaces at the entrance are disinfected every hour, and all three levels of the Museum are disinfected between 1 and 2pm every day
- All staff members have their temperature checked before each shift
Thank you so much for your help and compliance as we do what is necessary to responsibly stay open during these difficult times.
UPDATED COVID HOURS (as of 8/22/20):
Saturdays: OPEN 10am-5pm
In order to protect the safety of our staff and our visitors, the following precautions are currently in place:
· All staff are required to wear a mask when interacting with others.
· Hand-sanitizer stations have been set up in numerous locations around the Museum for public use.
· Physical distancing of 6 feet or more is strongly encouraged.
· Museum staff will be conducting thorough disinfecting regimens of high-touch areas at noon, 2pm, and at closing each day. Extreme high-touch areas will be disinfected hourly.
· If you are experiencing any symptoms, please do not visit the Museum.
· For High-Risk Individuals, please take extra precautions if you decide to come visit.
We are excited to announce that the Museum is preparing to reopen on Tuesday June 16th.
Our hours will be slightly adjusted as follows for the time being:
The SMA will remain closed to the public through May, with hopes of a limited opening sometime in June. We miss you and are anxious to reopen our galleries again, but feel it is best for us to remain closed during the beginning of this Orange Moderate Risk phase. We will keep you updated about what is happening at the Museum, including reopening plans as they come, via our social media channels. Please continue to enjoy our programs digitally via our website: http://www.smofa.org/museum-from-home
With the announcement of schools closing, and under advisement from Springville City Administration, the Springville Museum of Art will be closed starting Monday March 16, 2020 until further notice.
Community and school programs and events scheduled to take place in the next several weeks including Evening for Educators, the Sunday Concert Series, Springville Historical Society Lectures, and Guppy Group will not be taking place.
The 96th Annual Spring Salon has been postponed until Fall 2020. CLICK THIS LINK for more information.
Questions about weddings and rentals can be directed to Gina Woolf at Gwoolf@springville.org or 801-491-5711
Online lesson plans, resources, and downloadable content for teachers, students and families can be found HERE
Continue to watch this page and our social media for continued updates on programs, events and exhibitions.
See more updates from Springville City by clicking the button below.